Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Sourcing parts  (Read 1455 times)
Boston
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Just received an order from Jameco.  In it was a DC barrel jack.  I was trying to find a cheaper version of the one from Adafruit.  https://www.adafruit.com/products/373.  The one I got was only 45 cents versus 95 cents from Adafruit.  However the one I got is not breadboard or through hole friendly.
I need to solder this onto a perf board and while I can probably file this one until it fits, I will need more in the future.

Anyone know a good source for a barrel jack that is a breadboard or through hole part (that is cheaper than Adafruit)?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:48:59 pm by Pauly » Logged

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

According to the datasheet on the AFI website, this is the same part. A bit cheaper if you need 10, more so if you need 100:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?x=0&y=0&KeyWords=pj-102ah

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

taydaelectronics, 16 cents.

http://www.taydaelectronics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=2.1mm

dipmicro.com, 28 cents
http://www.dipmicro.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productCode=KLDX-0202-A

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

if you want one thats going to just drop into a perfboard, ...good luck, otherwise I just drill out the holes a little to make a slot

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I'd get a panelmount part and add 2 wires.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Boston
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Thanks everyone.  Jack found the one I was originally looking for, but the prices at Tayda are crazy cheap.
I do like the the panel mount one from Tayda.  http://www.taydaelectronics.com/dc-power-jack-2-1mm-enclosed-frame-with-switch.html
Think I see some of both in my future.  I never ordered from Tayda before, how long does shipping from Thailand to the US generally take?

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

I've ordered from Tayda a few times, not real recently so I'm a bit fuzzy, but I want to say 2-3 weeks. Some of their stuff is good, some I've been unhappy with, specifically battery holders. But things are so cheap, sometimes I'll order a couple just to check them out. If I don't like something, not much is lost.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I've ordered several times from Tayda. Delivery has been about 8 days, and from a Colorado address.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I've ordered several times from Tayda. Delivery has been about 8 days, and from a Colorado address.

Bob;

I saw your reference to Tayda yesterday and checked them out. I ended up ordering like 118 items (many were 10 of a single item) for a total of like $12 + $2 something for shipment. They sure have good prices on lots of useful simple things that I always seem to run out of. Their shopping cart system works smooth, they take paypal and I look forward to receiving my first order from them. So thank for the tip.

Lefty

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I've done the same Lefty, stocking up on common things I find myself using a lot.

Boston
God Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just stocked up.  Something like 190 parts for under $8 including shipping for $1.40!
How can they afford this?  Government subsidy? Robots that don't need to eat, have breaks or insurance?

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

Low labor & taxes in Thailand?

Tayda Electronics is located in Bangkok , Thailand. Our company is dedicated to providing the highest quality products. We also pride ourselves on great customer service.

Thai Shine Company Limited
160/67 Soi 28 Rama 6 Road
Samsennai, Payatai
Bangkok 10400
THAILAND

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: