Go Down

Topic: Arduino 1.03 - Sketchbook folder no longer exists... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Good Idea! I have to make a note of that because I am going to be working on different projects also. I am sort of a newbie at the Arduino level, but about thirty some years ago I used to work in R&D and breadboarding was my bread and butter. Back then, though, everything was discrete, we were just beginning to see microprocessors come into being. I used to work with the Intel 8080 and Motorola 6400 (I am dating myself). But to do what you can do with a microcontroller like the Arduino, it took a 10" x 10" circuit board full of chips! Amazing! I am just now getting back into this because of my 16 year-old daughter, who is really into Robotics and STEM subjects.

Thanks for your help! :D

Yes it's a great hobby, DIY electronics has never had it better in what you can get, what it costs, and what you can make it do, and I started over 60 years ago. The biggest problem I saw back in the 'good old days' of Z-80 and 6800 chips were that we didn't have the power of todays PC to host the large (and free) software tool chains and resources that make today's microcontroller chips so easy to use. If the avr chip had to host it's own compiler and editor tools we use in the IDE it just wouldn't be a viable product.

Lefty

Go Up