Go Down

Topic: CO2 level readout Adafruit ccs811 CO2 sensor gradually increases. (Read 208 times) previous topic - next topic

stan2013

Hi,
When I upload the example test sketch  for the Adafruit ccs811 CO2 sensor the readout starts at 400 ppm and keeps gradually increasing without change in the actual CO2 level (to about 1000 in one hour). When I upload the sketch again it starts again at 400 ppm. The sensor does work. When I breathe over it I get an immediate response. Is this the 'nature' of this sensor or is there a solution to this?
Stan

jremington

Did you "burn in" the sensor by running it for 48 hours before use, as instructed?

From the Adafruit product page:
Please note, this sensor, like all VOC/gas sensors, has variability and to get precise measurements you will want to calibrate it against known sources!
AMS recommends that you run this sensor for 48 hours when you first receive it to "burn it in", and then 20 minutes in the desired mode every time the sensor is in use. This is because the sensitivity levels of the sensor will change during early use.

stan2013

Go Up