Go Down

Topic: Attaching speaker to acrylic enclosure (Read 4510 times) previous topic - next topic

bratan

Dec 22, 2012, 01:38 am Last Edit: Dec 22, 2012, 01:56 am by bratan Reason: 1
I need to attach small 5cm speaker inside acrylic enclosure. Not sure how to proceed speaker doesn't have any attachment points. Is ther some kind of bracket I can glue or screw to plastic?
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, etc.

oric_dan

I use Amazing Goop to attach everything [not available in some countries outside
the USA]. It holds tenaciously to almost everything, and the best part is, you can take
things back apart without destroying everything in the process. Just a little dab will do.

bratan

I use Amazing Goop to attach everything [not available in some countries outside
the USA]. It holds tenaciously to almost everything, and the best part is, you can take
things back apart without destroying everything in the process. Just a little dab will do.

Thanks! I will try it! :)
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, etc.

Osgeld

goop is a stupid strong rubber cement,and I love it, the only thing I would fear is that the fumes would cloud up clear plastic.

usually those speakers are held into place with little metal tabs and a hole drilled in one end to screw them down, you could make some easily out of a soup can ... another thought would be silicone caulk, since its often used on plexiglass I would guess it would not fume up the plastic
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php?action=unread;boards=2,3,4,5,67,6,7,8,9,10,11,66,12,13,15,14,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,86,87,89,1;ALL

wizdum

I have used both cold weld and loctite brand Epoxy on Lexan without any discoloration. Not sure about Acrylic.

JimboZA

You could put a piece of metal on the other side and have the speaker clamp itself to that with its magnet....
Johannesburg hams call me: ZS6JMB on Highveld rep 145.7875 (-600 & 88.5 tone)
Dr Perry Cox: "Help me to help you, help me to help you...."
Your answer may already be here: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=384198.0

liuzengqiang

Hot glue gun? Just don't use crazy glue. It destroys the acrylic surface and out gasses that becomes nasty white powder on acrylic.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

Go Up