Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout error on MEGA ADK  (Read 953 times)
UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

My son bought me a Arduino Mega ADK for christmas.  We already had a Uno board R2 which was working fine.  I am using the blink LED example outputting to pin13 but when I upload to tje Maga ADK I get the following
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
then it seems to upload successfully.  However I dont get this error with the Uno board. I have noticed on the Mega ADK a long pause before the TX and RX lights start to flash and I think it's this delay thats causing the error message.  I am using a Mac Pro with OSX version 10.8.2.  and Arduino version 1.0.3.  The correct board is selected and the setting is /dev/tty.usbmodem1d21 Programmer AVRISP mk11.  From a bit of googling around it appears others are having similar problems, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer.  Any ideas? 

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

then it seems to upload successfully. 
Do you have to click upload a second time or do you get the "error" message followed by the upload starting?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

UK
View Profile

then it seems to upload successfully. 
Do you have to click upload a second time or do you get the "error" message followed by the upload starting?

No I don't need to hit upload a second time I get the error message followed by the upload.  Doesn't happen on the Uno though.   

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

So then, what's the error?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

UK
View Profile

A big line in red had me worried. I thought possibly its a fault with the board. Especially when I found a few similar posts where this error message started appearing after a while. 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: