Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: 'Smash' in Eagle  (Read 614 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I understand that to move the name and value text of a component around you use the smash command but do you just leave the component smashed after you get everything moved and sized right or do you unsmash it?  I notice that when I unsmash a component after playing around with the text it all reverts back to the original placement and size.

Arduino Uno;
Mega328

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I leave mine smashed so the placement stays where Ieft it.
I only find it important for Reference Designator (R1, C2, etc) on the Board design to improve readability for assembly, and to make sure names are all the same fonts & sizes.  Sometime a name gets deleted by accident, unsmashing brings it back so you can smash again and fix placement as needed.

On the schematic, placement can aid in readability.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

I leave mine smashed so the placement stays where Ieft it.
I only find it important for Reference Designator (R1, C2, etc) on the Board design to improve readability for assembly, and to make sure names are all the same fonts & sizes.  Sometime a name gets deleted by accident, unsmashing brings it back so you can smash again and fix placement as needed.

On the schematic, placement can aid in readability.

Thanks!  I've been confused by that.

Arduino Uno;
Mega328

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: