Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] Drive 12 RGB's - mosfet or transistor? and which... (Read 2611 times) previous topic - next topic

dc42

Good point, I hadn't spotted that.

Johannes, you need to switch them with PNP transistors, such as BC327.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

JohannesTN

Damn, it looks like the purchase of the RGB's did go a little too fast... If i had chosen RGB's with common anode i could have used the BC337's right?

but now that mine is the common cathode type, i have to drive them with a PNP transistor such as the BC327?

damn i am a fool...

JohannesTN

I've just ordered a few BC327, hope they will solve my "problem"?

dc42

I hope you remembered the 330 ohm resistors too.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

fungus

but now that mine is the common cathode type, i have to drive them with a PNP transistor such as the BC327?

Yep.

damn i am a fool...

This is how we learn...
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Runaway Pancake

Thought I would provoke a discussion as to how you're going to use those, just the same.
What's the plan, man?
[ Assuming nothing. ]
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"
Hey, it's "bipolar transistor" or "junction transistor" - "BJT" is just stupid.

JohannesTN

Jan 27, 2013, 07:18 pm Last Edit: Jan 27, 2013, 07:20 pm by JohannesTN Reason: 1
I just got everything to work as expected. I ended up using PNP - BC327-25. I've attached my wiring diagram for others to use, if you end up buying Common Cathode RGB's as i did ;-)

Thank's to everybody who helped me get everything to work as i wished.

Best regards

JohannesTN

Actually i made mine, by looking at yours. So thank you very much :-)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy