Go Down

Topic: [SOLVED] Drive 12 RGB's - mosfet or transistor? and which... (Read 2402 times) previous topic - next topic

dc42

Good point, I hadn't spotted that.

Johannes, you need to switch them with PNP transistors, such as BC327.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

JohannesTN

Damn, it looks like the purchase of the RGB's did go a little too fast... If i had chosen RGB's with common anode i could have used the BC337's right?

but now that mine is the common cathode type, i have to drive them with a PNP transistor such as the BC327?

damn i am a fool...

JohannesTN

I've just ordered a few BC327, hope they will solve my "problem"?

dc42

I hope you remembered the 330 ohm resistors too.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

fungus

but now that mine is the common cathode type, i have to drive them with a PNP transistor such as the BC327?

Yep.

damn i am a fool...

This is how we learn...
No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages (but I do accept thank-you notes...)

Runaway Pancake

Thought I would provoke a discussion as to how you're going to use those, just the same.
What's the plan, man?
[ Assuming nothing. ]
"Hello, I must be going..."
"You gotta fight -- for your right -- to party!"
Don't react - Read.
"Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?"

JohannesTN

Jan 27, 2013, 07:18 pm Last Edit: Jan 27, 2013, 07:20 pm by JohannesTN Reason: 1
I just got everything to work as expected. I ended up using PNP - BC327-25. I've attached my wiring diagram for others to use, if you end up buying Common Cathode RGB's as i did ;-)

Thank's to everybody who helped me get everything to work as i wished.

Best regards

JohannesTN

Actually i made mine, by looking at yours. So thank you very much :-)

Go Up