Go Down

Topic: RGB-Matrix with USB... Can someone look at the schematics? (Read 648 times) previous topic - next topic

And1G

Hi!

I'm currently making an USB-Controlled 8x8 RGB-Matrix powered by an ATmega32U4 and TLC5947.

It is basically set up as a 24x8-Matrix so that one row at a time can by driven by a single TLC5947. (I know this is quite a challenge because there's no library yet)
The rows are switched by 8 P-Channel MOSFETS which are tied to a port register which enables me to simply shift a 0000 0001 pattern through for multiplexing.

But as I'm not that experienced with this topic it would be nice if someone here could have a look at the schematics, just in case I missed out something important!
Thanks!

Boffin1

Q9 doesnt seem to do anything ?  it doesnt show where P3 conn goes, but the gate is at ground so the mosfet will just be on all the time ?

Are all the mosfets logic level?

And1G

Thanks for looking!
Q9 should prevent reverse polarity. Got the idea from here: http://www.lothar-miller.de/s9y/categories/39-Verpolschutz
P1 is the power connector. 1 is +5V and 2,3 are GND

And yes, I'll use IRLML 5203 which are P-Channel Logic Level MOSFETS.

Boffin1

Right, that makes sense with connections explained..

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy