Go Down

Topic: Connecting Arduino to PIC (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

i powered the arduino from the vdd pin(ground) and vss pin(+5v) of the pic..
and i connected the arduino gnd to the digital gnd..

am i doing it wrong?..

vdd is normally +v, vss is normally 0v

sorry i got it backwards, anyway is the wiring supposed to be like this:

im having doubts on using the pic pin as gnd so using the supply gnd will do right?..

Well that drawing shows correct common grounding between the arduino and the PIC, but it also shows a permanent ground wired to the PIC input pin, which is certainly incorrect.

Lefty

siyete

i powered the arduino from the vdd pin(ground) and vss pin(+5v) of the pic..
and i connected the arduino gnd to the digital gnd..

am i doing it wrong?..

vdd is normally +v, vss is normally 0v

sorry i got it backwards, anyway is the wiring supposed to be like this:

im having doubts on using the pic pin as gnd so using the supply gnd will do right?..

Well that drawing shows correct common grounding between the arduino and the PIC, but it also shows a permanent ground wired to the PIC input pin, which is certainly incorrect.

Lefty

ok i finally got it to work using that wiring, but you said incorrect can i know where i should place the common ground?..

retrolefty

ok i finally got it to work using that wiring, but you said incorrect can i know where i should place the common ground?..

Hard to understand what you are saying. Can you post a new drawing of how you have it presently wired and working?

Lefty

siyete

Dec 27, 2012, 03:44 pm Last Edit: Dec 27, 2012, 03:49 pm by siyete Reason: 1
got it to work using this:

you said it was incorrect due to the pic input being permanently grounded, so where should i place the common ground?..

AWOL

got it to work using this:

I don't think so.

See that node labelled "Input to PIC", and the one labelled "PIC PSU Gnd" and that solid black line that connects the two?
That's why it doesn't work.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up