Go Down

Topic: Debounce. (Read 609 times) previous topic - next topic

xxryan1234

Can we debounce a microphone? :)

James C4S

Why would you bounce it in the first place?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

xxryan1234

the output values given are spiking up and down in the serial monitor if it detects blow,.
generally the mic i have been doing is a blow sensor.
i want to make the reading high if it detects blow, and low if otherwise.
does software debounce gives me the result i want to?

xxryan1234

...and does software debounce applicable in the mic?

James C4S

What do you think debounce is?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

xxryan1234

as what i have learned sir, when i use debounce on switch/buttons, debounce eliminates the bouncing of the switches and making sure that one digital signal can be registered within the duration of a given time. am i right thinking this? is the debounce useful in my mic module?

James C4S

Switch debouncing works because switches physically bounce.

Microphones don't bounce.

PeterH

the output values given are spiking up and down in the serial monitor if it detects blow,.
generally the mic i have been doing is a blow sensor.
i want to make the reading high if it detects blow, and low if otherwise.
does software debounce gives me the result i want to?

Debounce is a reasonable term for what you are trying to do, but this is not typical debouncing. Debouncing usually consists of waiting for an input to settle into a steady state so that transient changes are suppressed. In your case you would need a different algorithm, because in effect what you're really trying to do is smooth an intermittent signal. You will need to decide what constitutes 'blow'. Do you trigger on a single spike, or on a number of spikes close together, or what?
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up