Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Laser lab build  (Read 324 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys,

So a total Arduino noob here who's interested in building a lab setup for doing laser experiments. My end goal is to construct a system where I can remotely control the current levels for a laser driver module with my PC or through the arduino using buttons and LCD's as well as having a series of sensors to measure electric current, temperature and photovolatic output. The button and commands aren't really a concern for now but what I'm curious about is what capability the Arduino has as far as monitoring voltage and amperage levels and controlling capacitor banks. Is there an existing or standardized setup for variable power output (much higher levels than the Arduino board itself can output). So basically I'm looking for a way to use the arduino as a UPS or power controller with logging and feedback.

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

what capability the Arduino has as far as monitoring voltage
A 10 bit A/D converter. It has 6 inputs that can be switched in turn to this converter. The input voltage can be up to 5V but no more. The reference voltage is set at 5V but can be switched to 1.1V

and amperage levels
No capability at all, very little in electronics has. You convert a current into a voltage by passing it through a resistor and then measure the voltage.

and controlling capacitor banks.
No capability at all. But it can control relays and other digital outputs that can be connected to equipment that can control capacitor banks.

Is there an existing or standardized setup for variable power output
No.
There are many ways of controlling power but it depends on what you mean by that phrase.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: