Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: I believe I had a post wrongly removed Can I get it back? Or maybe a copy?  (Read 1253 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I posted in the project guidance forum because I wasn't really sure where to post, and then instead of helpful advice, I get a moderator and someone else attacking me for my choice of included data points which shed an online manufacture in a bad light (a single completely true, unbiased, objective statement: that I was being ignored by this other manufacturer).  They decided to attack me vs provide constructive advice on the problem at hand, or even to try to explain why they though I said something on the forum that I shouldn't have.

So if it can't be reinstated b/c one mod can't override another, no big deal, but I'd like a copy of it for my records.  I posted some links in there that I find useful, and had I known it was going to get removed, I would have done so.

The other issue is that fact that a moderator came out of left field appearing to start a flame war.  As a regular member with no admin access, what can I do to protect myself from either that person or that situation in the future?  

I find the idea of prostrating myself to ask for help on a forum to be disgusting; I do not expect anyone to prostrate themselves before me for me to help them, and I work in tech support.  Level 2/3 support with clients that anyone and everyone on this board will recognize.

I don't like what happened and would like to know what I can do about it, what I can do to prevent things like this from happening again.

Edit:

Oh yeah, might want to say what post it was:
"Adafruit" motor controller external power is feeding backwards... and sideways?

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

If you click on your name you get your profile and at the end below there is a link to all your posts.
I don't know if it contains your original posts you are searching at but it might be worth a try.

Other alternative might be google. The search engine might have your post in cache, so searching might reveal a cached copy.

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

View Profile

I have the URL from prevoous email notifications, and if I go there I get a message that says I cant access it.

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

I don't like what happened...

I asked you to remove a single sentence from your post.  A sentence that was essentially you grossly misrepresenting what happened so you could insult someone.  You refused.

...and would like to know what I can do about it, what I can do to prevent things like this from happening again.

You can refrain from insulting other people.  When asked to remove an insult, you can remove it.

I will restore your post.  You behave the same way a second time I will not be so generous.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: