Go Down

Topic: Forgoing voltage regulator (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

1N4148 is fine.
Internal pullups work just like on 328s.
I would also flip the Xtal orientation 180 degrees and make the traces to pins 12/13 shorter.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Zapro

Yep, move Xtal closer (as close as physically possible) and move decoupling caps as close as possible too.

Also, we might as well learn you some PCB layout right now... Avoid those 90-degrees bends, they can be a problem when etching, and even give you problem if your circuit is high speed (RF-circuit)

// Per.

bratan

Yep, move Xtal closer (as close as physically possible) and move decoupling caps as close as possible too.

Also, we might as well learn you some PCB layout right now... Avoid those 90-degrees bends, they can be a problem when etching, and even give you problem if your circuit is high speed (RF-circuit)

// Per.

Thank you!  Didn't know about 90-degree bends.  I'm using Autorouting in Eagle, is there a setting you'd recommend? 

As for power, I couldn't stop thinking about Lefty's recommendation, and just ordered 4 of those awesome power boards from China. Using any DC power source with 94% efficiency sounds like magic, I couldn't resist. I have no idea what to do about DC barrel jack now, probably will have to go with panel mounted version, which is actually easier to design enclosure for, but they cost 5x more than PCB mounted jack... Can anyone recommend good 2.1mm one that costs under $3 ? :)
Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

bratan

Xronos Clock - A talking arduino based alarm clock is now available. Check out xronosclock.com for pictures, source code, schematics, and purchasing info :)

Go Up