Go Down

Topic: Arduino Networked Lamp Processing sketch error. (Read 7988 times) previous topic - next topic

PaulS

but now it can't load the HelveticaNeue-bold font...

Does the font that Processing uses REALLY matter? Have you placed the appropriate font file in the appropriate directory?

Forrest_Erickson2002

I was not able to figure out how to fix the font problem so I simply commented out the lines like this:

//font = loadFont("HelveticaNeue-Bold-32.vlw");
  fill(255);
// textFont(font, 32);

Then the program ran but produced no results.
The URL from the book is not responding I think.
I changed the URL like this:
String feed = "http://blog.makezine.com/index.html";

I was then getting results .

Thanks for the help above with the java includes. I would never have overcome that problem.
Tyson: When you're scientifically literate, the world looks different to you.

thomm

Hi all, i am not very familiar English, sorry for my poor English.
I am now using processing 2.1 for this project and i've revised my code by including java with codes mentioned above:

import processing.serial.*;
import java.net.URL;
import java.net.URLConnection;
import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;
import java.util.StringTokenizer;

yet, when I tried to run this program, Processing stopped and show error message  "The package "java.io,BufferReader" does not exist. You might be missing a library."

I'm a totally newbie ,I don't know if it is suitable to ask here (this is the only forum I know)
Is there any suggestion where I can download the libraries and how to install it?

PaulS

The error message does not match with the snippet of code you posted. (Buffered != Buffer).

thomm

thanks! this error is caused by my typo... :smiley-sad-blue:

tgreenhaw

You'll need to go to the "Tools/Create Font..." menu option. I didn't have Helvetica so I used Calibri. You'll also need to change the reference to the font in the code as well.
Example:
  font = loadFont("Calibri-48.vlw");

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy