Go Down

Topic: [SUGGEST] Triple servos and a remote control (Read 534 times) previous topic - next topic

warboyzzzz

Hi, i want some suggestions on my project. I would like to use remote control (infrared), 3 servos that will moves in different time. Which shield should i prefer, Quad Motor Shield or Arduino Sensor Shield ? And can i combine that item without using shield (ex. Breadboard). Thanks before.

AWOL

I don't see that you need a shield at all, but make sure you power the servos from a separate power supply.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

warboyzzzz

I don't see that you need a shield at all, but make sure you power the servos from a separate power supply.

really? would it be mess up if i'm not using shield?

AWOL

What is the "it" that may mess up?

You can drive the servo signals directly (assuming we're talking standard R/C servos) from the Arduino, using the Servo library.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.

warboyzzzz

What is the "it" that may mess up?

You can drive the servo signals directly (assuming we're talking standard R/C servos) from the Arduino, using the Servo library.

i mean by "it" is the cable that arounds my arduino project.

AWOL

It depends on how neat you like your work to be, or how neat it needs to be.
For a small number of servos, I'd probably just glue the connectors together side-by-side to make it easier to bus the power, and run individual signal wires to them.

warboyzzzz

It depends on how neat you like your work to be, or how neat it needs to be.
For a small number of servos, I'd probably just glue the connectors together side-by-side to make it easier to bus the power, and run individual signal wires to them.

ok then, thanks for the info. i'll try to make it without shield.

PeterH

Or you could get a servo extension lead for each servo, chop the plug off the 'receiver' end and connect the wires to your Arduino and power supply using the appropriate plugs. This would give you a flying lead for each servo that you just plug it in to.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

Go Up