Go Down

Topic: Hobby Servo and Continuous Rotation Servo , is it the same? (Read 548 times) previous topic - next topic

is it the same library for Hobby Servo (Normal) with Continuous Rotation Servo ? Thanks

PaulS

is it the same library for Hobby Servo (Normal) with Continuous Rotation Servo ?

Have you tried?

Yes, it is.

I don't think it is different. You can use servo.h for hobby as well as full rotation servos. Hobby servo often go from 0 to 180 degrees whereas the other one goes 360 degrees.

kf2qd

I don't think it is different. You can use servo.h for hobby as well as full rotation servos. Hobby servo often go from 0 to 180 degrees whereas the other one goes 360 degrees.

Not quite - a hobby servo moves somewhere in the range of 180 degrees - depends on the internal stop in the geartrain.

A continuous rotation servo givesd you some control over speed. 90 degrees is stop and 0 degrees is full reverse and 180 degrees is full forward. You have no control over positin, just some control over speed with a few degrees around 90 as stop.

A hobby servo can be modified into a continuous rotation servo with a couple resistors and some destructive hacking...

retrolefty

is it the same library for Hobby Servo (Normal) with Continuous Rotation Servo ? Thanks

Yes, same servo library supports both types of 'servos'. However the two different types of servos (normal Vs continuous rotation) respond quite differently to the servo.write command. A normal one moves to a specific position and stops while the other acts like a reversible variable speed geared motor drive where you can control the thing to stop or move in either direction at a variable speed, but you cannot command it to stop at a specific position.

Lefty

Thanks all for the answers, appruciate it. i have tried to hack hobby servo into continuous but it's a waste and almost ruin my whole servo. better be carefull, or just buy a new one haha. :~

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy