Go Down

Topic: Arduino Dial Up Modem shield (Read 35602 times) previous topic - next topic

Diane253

Has anyone looked at this as using the modem for a fax machine? I would like a Fax machine that saves the fax to a memory device so as to retrieve the information later by a PC so you can print only if wanted to do so. I get too many junk faxes which is just a waste of paper.

burraak

Mar 09, 2015, 08:04 pm Last Edit: Mar 09, 2015, 08:29 pm by burraak
Has anyone looked at this as using the modem for a fax machine? I would like a Fax machine that saves the fax to a memory device so as to retrieve the information later by a PC so you can print only if wanted to do so. I get too many junk faxes which is just a waste of paper.
Good idea and easily doable using such shield because it will use voice/fax modem chip , So far 30696 views and counting but noone brought this idea to life :(

It can also be used as
1-Cold Caller Blocker
2-Telephone recording with Caller ID
3-Fax receiving/saving (as you suggested)
4-Answering machine
5-Interactive voice response system
6-Home automation over landline
7-Foundation for Arduino based PABX
8-DATA Communication
9-Auto dialer (Connected over blutooth to smart phone's phone directory)
10- GSM to Landline gateway
11- Smart Telephone set
12- Call forwarding

Lakes

Seeing as Adafruit already do a "mobile" shield, getting all the approvals etc, they would seem to be the "goto" people to develop this type of shield.

Anyone posted in the Adafruit forum about this?

burraak

Mar 11, 2015, 12:07 pm Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015, 12:13 am by burraak
Seeing as Adafruit already do a "mobile" shield, getting all the approvals etc, they would seem to be the "goto" people to develop this type of shield.

Anyone posted in the Adafruit forum about this?
Yes, I  suggested them (Through contact US page)  couple of times but no response and same with seedstudio & sparkfun  :smiley-sad:

whizzzkid

Still no nothing. However I wanted the arduino caller id to do a couple more things:

1. Connect to a service like maybe the truecaller api and get me the contact details directly.
2. If the number is spam (truecaller tells that), kill it.
3. After N rings move the call to a voice mail system and send me a mail including the recorded voice mail and even better if i could connect to google's transcribing api to transcribe the voicemail recieved.

Also since the telephone exchange already supplies the required current enough for arduino (i guess) how about building a emergency light out of this :)

burraak

Still no nothing. However I wanted the arduino caller id to do a couple more things:

1. Connect to a service like maybe the truecaller api and get me the contact details directly.
2. If the number is spam (truecaller tells that), kill it.
3. After N rings move the call to a voice mail system and send me a mail including the recorded voice mail and even better if i could connect to google's transcribing api to transcribe the voicemail recieved.

Also since the telephone exchange already supplies the required current enough for arduino (i guess) how about building a emergency light out of this :)
Thats interesting but its just the software thing easily doable but first we need hardware platform which is unfortunatly noone is interested to bring to life  :-\

Go Up