Go Down

Topic: Success with TinyRTC, I now know the time. (Read 233 times) previous topic - next topic

gc_malcolm

Jul 14, 2017, 07:37 am Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 07:52 am by gc_malcolm
A tiny success story.

I purchased some I2C DS1307 Real Time Clock Module for Arduino Tiny RTC from ebay $4.25 a while back and finally got around to getting it to work.

I followed the directions from http://henrysbench.capnfatz.com/henrys-bench/arduino-sensors-and-input/arduino-tiny-rtc-d1307-tutorial/ and on compile had a bunch of errors

Code: [Select]

compiler output
Error linking for board Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila w/ ATmega328
(.text+0x0)*: multiple definition of twi_readFrom
Build failed for project 'rtc'
twi.c.o (symbol from plugin)*: (.text+0x0): first defined here

repeated a zillion times

So scratched my head for a bit,  looked on the internet with no great success, swore at it, gave up and eventually came back to it and then went looking for the "multiple definition" that the compiler said I had.

Sure enough in the wire library the twi.c and twi.h exists in two places the \src and the \src\utility directory.

Renamed the \src\twi.c and twi.h to twi.c.no and twi.h.no and recompile and hey presto success, no errors, and, it runs.

Only one little issue left was that the time was wrong, I just had to force the RTC.adjust command in the source code to run and hey presto I had the correct time.  :)

raschemmel

Jul 14, 2017, 09:52 am Last Edit: Jul 14, 2017, 09:53 am by raschemmel
You get a GOLD STAR for perseverance and "going the distance".
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED !
WELL DONE !

Except , just for the record, this topic is for "problems" or "qyestions" (people seeking help).
Success stories sre usually referred to the Gallery.
You could ask the Moderator where to post this but I think that's probably where it belongs.
Arduino UNOs, Pro-Minis, ATMega328, ATtiny85, LCDs, MCP4162, keypads,<br />DS18B20s,74c922,nRF24L01, RS232, SD card, RC fixed wing, quadcopter

gc_malcolm

ooops   ,  thanks

Next time I will post a problem!  But for now a question.

Moderator, if you are reading can you move the above to the Gallery please? 

Coding Badly

Moved.

Report to moderator is more effective at getting the moderators' attention.

Go Up