Go Down

Topic: Arduino seven segment display using individual LEDs (Read 140 times) previous topic - next topic

lesterwyatt

My latest project is seven segment display using individual LEDs displaying the time. I am also using DS1307 (RTC) with battery backup, i am also using the Arduino Micro as the brains. I originally used the UNO on the bread board before using the Micro on perf board. A word of caution if migrating source code from UNO to Micro. SDA is on pin 2 of the Micro and SCL is on pin 3 of the Micro. I found this out the hard way when i was scratching my head wondering why my display was freaking out.
Anyway you can find the project from here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJhYA2zyMA4
You will find the source code and schematic/wiring diagram in the description of the video.

Thanks Lester

larryd

Good work.

Suggest you flash the : at 1Hz, let's you know things are work and makes things look dynamic.

For better accuracy use  DS3231 RTC better than 7 sec per month, it is software compatible with 1307.

No technical PMs.
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.

lesterwyatt

Good work.

Suggest you flash the : at 1Hz, let's you know things are work and makes things look dynamic.

For better accuracy use  DS3231 RTC better than 7 sec per month, it is software compatible with 1307.

Hi, I originally did flash the ":" every sec, however i made the unit for my son for his bedroom and he din't like the flashing at night. I used the DS1307 because thats all i had lying around at the time. I will look at the DS3231 thanks

larryd

You could use a PWM pin to slowly dim then brighten the :

No technical PMs.

lesterwyatt

You could use a PWM pin to slowly dim then brighten the :

good idea that, i may have a tweak!

larryd

No technical PMs.

Go Up