Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: C Programming for Arduino / The book  (Read 9517 times)
Johannesburg. UTC+2
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Of course it's an empty discussion- you told us about a book about which you can tell us nothing.

When there's a TOC and hopefully an e-sample, then we'll have a look.

Right now, an empty discussion on a lazy Friday while I'm on leave from work, works for me!

EDIT.... it is Friday isn't it?.... I get confused about the days of the week at this time of year!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:47:02 am by JimboZA » Logged

Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

I get confused about the days of the week at this time of year!
haha me too. But beware for some TZ's  Saturday already started, so asking for the day on an international forum seldom works smiley

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

France
digital artist
View Profile

I'm about to send the first newsletter on next night (GMT+1)
I will announce the summary of the #arduino #book that will be published early April 2013.

Feel free to join the newsletter:
http://cprogrammingforarduino.com/newsletter

Anaheim CA.
Faraday Member
View Profile

I've had the chance to review a few pages of Mr Bayles book and was impressed enough to 'borrow' the tablet it is on...
Although to prove once and for all to one and all that I have no class whatsoever is for me to say that I also enjoyed Arduino Cookbook Vol 1 & 2, Some of the drawings.. left a little to be desired But IMO strictly it should be required reading for all beginning students of Arduino... and a few too many not so newbie's too.
Every book has it's reader just as you can't hear until you can  hear nor see until you see. Education comes where one finds it and his attempt will surely find a mind or two ready to understand what they read rather than read that which they understand.
My real education began 50 years ago when I quit school and went to "Make My Fortune".. Never made a fortune, never quit studying and I enjoy every minute of it..

Bob

--> WA7EMS <--
“The solution of every problem is another problem.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

France
digital artist
View Profile

And here it is coming ...

http://www.packtpub.com/c-programming-arduino/book

* CProgrammingForArduino_JulienBayle.jpeg (29.83 KB, 500x618 - viewed 32 times.)

France
digital artist
View Profile

Available at Barnes & Noble

Cincinnati, OH
God Member
I'm not bossy...I just know what you should be doing.
View Profile

It's kinda hard telling what will be in the book from the TOC. For example, I know from experience that teaching the concept of pointers is always difficult for new programmers. I wrote Beginning C Programming for Arduino for Apress Publishing and, if you look at the TOC, you'll find two chapters just on pointers. I laid the book out to cover most C topics within a 12 chapter framework, mainly because college semesters are 15 weeks, leaving a chapter a week plus time for exams, breaks, and perhaps a final project. From your TOC, it's hard to see what programming topics are covered and in what order. Perhaps you could flesh out some of the details for the rest of us reading this.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: