Go Down

Topic: Due and sd read and audio output (Read 188 times) previous topic - next topic

reudig

Hey

we have the arduino due and the CTE TFT/SD shield.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/TFT-SD-Shield-for-Arduino-DUE-TFT-LCD-Module-SD-Card-Adapter-2-8-3-2-inch-Mega-/121057447668

Is it possible to use the SD Card on the shield for an audio play back?
We don't find any topic to this theme in the forum.

Thx for helping us :)

Palliser

The Arduino IDE 1.6.X contains a sample audio player sketch.

File->Examples->Audio->SimpleAudioPlayer

Read first the following Arduino tutorial regarding the necessary output interface.

http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SimpleAudioPlayer

Regards.

p

reudig

hi

we tried it with this code but I think this example does not work with this shield.

Because the console told us "SD failed".

regards

Palliser

Jun 19, 2015, 05:44 pm Last Edit: Jun 19, 2015, 05:44 pm by Palliser
The SimpleAudioPlayer example sets pin 4 as default chip select (CS). Check your TFT specs to see which CS pin uses, then, change it accordingly and try again.

p

reudig

I changed the CS Pin to 53 and shorted the jumper 8.

I hope its right but it still do not work.

I add the readme of the shield.

Maybe you can help me.

Thx

Palliser

Can you post the example sketch that you are using?

p

reudig

Hey

it works. I think jumper was not shorted complete and that was the problem.

Another question is about the speakers. The example told me that we have to use an amplifier and a little circuit.

Do I have to use this if I want to link the DAC to a normal stereo amplifier with an 3,5mm cable?
Or is the big amplifier enough.

Thx

Palliser

I am happy that you resolved your issue.

In reference to use or not the amplifier, I strongly recommend you to use it. It is proven that exposing the DAC to a low impedance load with KILL the DAC. I understand your willingness to move with this but again, take your time to implement the little circuit before connect Due to any audio device. Good luck.

p

reudig

Go Up