Go Down

Topic: First Ever Electronics Project. Help. (Read 427 times) previous topic - next topic

heffo78

Hi all. This is my first ever electronics project and I have decided to use an arduino uno. I am using a finger print sensor and lcd display. Also I have a membrane keypad to override the finger print sensor. My problem is this. I have no idea where to start with designing my PCB for this. Could anyone please give me some advice please? It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Grumpy_Mike

For a first ever project this is too complex.

Start of with just driving the LCD and displaying some numbers on it.

Depending on what type it is a fingerprint sensor can use more data than an arduino can store so you need to know if your project is feasible or not. So we need to know what you want to do and what sensor you are using.

Use prototyping board first before making a PCB unless you have money to burn.

heffo78

Thanks for your reply. I am using an adafruit finger print sensor. I have already been using a breadboard and have the finger print sensor enrolling finger prints. And also i have LEDs lighting up for an open closed satus. The LCD too I have working already. Money isnt an issue so I will design a PCB. Its just I dont know how to go about the PCB.

liudr

Download a simple arduino shield design from sparkfun.
Install EAGLE CAD and go through sparkfun tutorials.
Lay out a design using sparkfun arduino shield as a starting point and come back to ask for critique.
Revise design and get it printed out.
Assemble the board and evaluate it with the code you developed.

Go Up