Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth module in Master mode can't connect to my phone (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

tabies

Hi, I bought a bluetooth module frome seeed: http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/serial-port-bluetooth-module-masterslave-p-572.html?cPath=139_142   , I set my bluetooth module in master mode which connected on an Arduino pro mini with RS232. i try to make it connect to my phone(HTC S610d).

The code as follow:
\r\n+STWMOD=1\r\n

After I send name :
\r\n+STNA=XXX\r\n
\r\n+STOAUT=1\r\n
\r\n+INQ=0\r\n
\r\n+INQ=1\r\n

At this moment bluetooth module send this string (with my MAC address and my name ;) ):
\r\n+RTINQ=aa,bb,cc,dd,ee,ff;name\r\n

So I send this command :
\r\n+CONN=aa,bb,cc,dd,ee,ff\r\n

At this moment bluetooth module send this string
\r\n+BTSTATE:3\r\n

and my phone ask me pin code, I enter '0000' (it's the default), then, bluetooth module send this string :
CONECT:FAIL
\r\n+BTSTATE:1\r\n

And I don't understand why... on my phone I can see bluetooth module name on screen with this status : paired, disconnected.

Can anyone help me please ?

Thanks

NickPyner

Are you sure your phone is intended for that purpose?
I have three phones, all of them can see the Arduino bluetooth, none can communicate with it. Nor can my tablet. My laptop works fine, so that suffices - and also proves there is nothing wrong with the Arduino setup.

mauried

Yes, the module you have is a Serial Module.
Thats an unusual profile for a phone to support.
What exactly are you trying to do ?

tabies

I want to using my phone to remote control the bluetooth module/arduino pro mini, when the bluetooth module in Slave mode, my phone can search to the bluetooth and connect with it, after that, i want to test both of them if conected when the bluetooth module in Maste mode, and the result is sad..

PaulS

I want to using my phone to remote control the bluetooth module

Then, you need a module that is compatible with your phone, not the cheapest thing you can find on ebay.

A random phone and a random bluetooth module will not pair.

Go Up