develop customized low cost and efficient IMU

Hello .. I have a Final year project in my Bachelor of mechatronics Engineering ..
my project is about ( develop customized low cost and efficient IMU, which can be employed in very small UAVs applications )
and I have to use sensors ( Accelerometers, Gyroscopes and Magnetometers ) and design them in sensor board ..
My question is what type of arduino to use and it is best for my project ..
I need your help ..
thanx

My question is what type of arduino to use and it is best for my project ..

Very small ones, to match the vehicles?

very small as compared to the vehicle. We not know the dimensions of your vehicles. If its the size of a housefly, then i am sorry. but if the vehicle is of the size of medium sized centipede then you can go with ATMEGA328P chip with one xtal few capacitors and resistors. but you have to solderr all these directly to the legs of IC...
Hope the feedback will be helpful to your open question?

I have a Final year project in my Bachelor of mechatronics Engineering ..

What have you been doing the last three years? Sleeping in class? It seems to me that you should KNOW the answer to your question. Determining the size of an Arduino is not difficult. All the dimensions are published.

Of course we are going to tell you that the Arduino is best for your project. The same as the Raspberry Pi, Beaglebone, PIC, Netduino, etc. forums will tell you that their board is the best.

Arduino is best among all because it understand and communicate with easy, userfreindly language. It just like C but for non-programming background it is very very easy as compared to C.. First clearify your intention, your goal...Plan your project, you have read in 2nd or third year Project Planning and Execution subject...Divid your objective in small goals and then divide the goals in simple tasks...

Then understand what AVR chip is, then find out what leg function what. Then check what you want to do. Then make a simple logic flow chart. Its easy very easy..but you have to do some homework before coming here for help..
I am not satisfied by my above post but what to do when we have half backed information.. sorry not half-backed.. but No-backed...

PaulS:

I have a Final year project in my Bachelor of mechatronics Engineering ..

What have you been doing the last three years? Sleeping in class?

Most of us do.. :grin: :grin:
I was poor both mentally and income wise...I remember that i had only one red NoteBook throughout all 4-years of Engineering... .. I was amazed when the talented guys get lesser marks/grades than me...

PS:
Now i am poor mentally only i am not that much rich but contented...