Go Down

Topic: Finding Wire.h library? [solved] (Read 770 times) previous topic - next topic

TopTube

Dec 28, 2012, 10:09 pm Last Edit: Dec 29, 2012, 01:49 am by Nick Gammon Reason: 1
Hey everyone, I'm trying to find the wire.h library on a Windows computer, but I can't seem to locate it? I think I know how to find it on a mac (Arduino --> Show package contents), but I can't locate it on my Windows partition.

The reason I ask is that I'm having trouble getting some code to recognize "Wire" commands, despite including both Wire.h and Arduino.h.

Thanks!

PaulS

In the folder where you installed the Arduino software, there should be a folder called libraries. In the libraries folder should be one called Wire, containing Wire.h and Wire.cpp.

TopTube

In my "arduino-1.0.1-Windows"  folder, there is no "libraries" folder. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

PaulS

Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

You should post a screen shot of what IS there.

TopTube

Good idea. Here's what I'm looking at. I can post the contents of the "lib" file too, if you're interested, though I have not been able to find the "Wire.h" file inside

PaulS

Given that the whole libraries folder is missing (there should be one) as is the src folder, I suggest that you delete the arduino-1.0.1-windows folder and reinstall 1.0.1.

TopTube

Thanks Paul, that solved it! Must've screwed something up in my first install.

Go Up