Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Set pin13 (XTAL1) as output at 1284P and now can't program or write fuses  (Read 332 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone!

I followed this guide to http://maniacbug.wordpress.com/2011/11/27/arduino-on-atmega1284p-4/ set up a 1284P with arduino IDE using maniacbug-mighty 1284P bootloader. It flashed ok.

The problem is that I uploaded blink sketch without changing ledpin, I left pin 13 which is XTAL1 and since then I can't program nor reflash bootloader anymore.

I use an arduino UNO as ISCP programmer.
I've tried many different things such as programming via FTDI, using AVR programmer, changing Fuses from AtmelStudio (when I do this it says write ok but verifying wrong, and fuse doesn't change, but I can read them)...

The fuses set right now, and that I can't change are:
Efuse: 0xFD
HFuse: 0xDE
LFuse: 0xFF

I'm using a 16 MHz oscillator, I've checked with a oscilloscope if it's running well and I can see pin 12 have a 16 MHz wave signal but pin 13 hasn't.

I'd appreciate very much any kind of advice to make it work.

Greetings!

Edison Member
The last thing you did is where you should start looking.
View Profile

Some set ups require a full swing oscillator . Set low fuse to 0xF7.

Also have you seen this?
Might want to try.   http://www.gammon.com.au/forum/?id=11637

View Profile

I already tried changing fuses using Atmel Studio and an AVR Programmer with no result.  smiley-cry

I'll check that link thoroughly.

Thank's for your help!!

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

. problem is that I uploaded blink sketch without changing ledpin, I left pin 13 which is XTAL1 and since then I can't program nor reflash bootloader anymore.
This doesn't make any sense, because the pin 13 in the blink sketch refers to pin 13 on the Ardunio header, and NOT to chip pin 13.

View Profile

You mean it refers to D13, and not pin13 I undestand, according to the image I attach.
Then I can't understand why I can't write fuses or program anything   smiley-confuse

I'll keep on trying.

Thank's for your help!

* Sin título.png (33.36 KB, 1027x665 - viewed 10 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: