Go Down

Topic: Help in programming the Atmega1284 with maniacbug-mighty-1284p. (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic

westfw

I dunno.  Trying to second guess hardware problems, remotely, without pictures, or test equipment, or actual part numbers and datasheets (for the crystals, for instance), or expertise (this is a pretty hard problem, so the amount of test equipment and expertise required could be quite high), is a pretty frustrating experience.

I thought everyone was already using the "full swing driver" fuse :-(
Of course, I also thought I had already changed in the the Optiboot repository makefiles, and it isn't changed there either!  Sigh.

oric_dan

Feb 05, 2013, 09:31 pm Last Edit: Feb 05, 2013, 10:03 pm by oric_dan Reason: 1
I thought everyone was already using the "full swing driver" fuse :-(

All 5 board selections in the boards.txt file of the maniacbug 1284 library show the
0xFF lower-power oscillator fuse setting. Maybe you might mention this whole issue
to him. I had no luck getting his attention in the past.

xenocid

Hello everyone!
This is just to let you know that 0xF7 lfuse trick solved the upload problem for my standalone 1284 board. That's right, just 1284, no P.
Thanks!

oric_dan

Hello everyone!
This is just to let you know that 0xF7 lfuse trick solved the upload problem for my standalone 1284 board. That's right, just 1284, no P.
Thanks!

Interesting, did you verify that you actually had a problem with the 1284 non-P chip when
using the 0xFF fuse settings? I don't remember anyone else having a problem with non-P. 
I am also interested in the data code on your chip - something like 1216 or 1247, under the
part number on the top surface.

xenocid

The top surface says ATMEGA 1284 PU 1216. It is definitely a non-P since i had to change the signature in avrdude.conf to have it recognized (0x1e 0x97 0x06 as opposed to 0x1e 0x97 0x05 for Ps).  And yes it had problems with uploading anything larger than ~1000B. Both RC filter and 0xF7 lfuse solved this issue.

Go Up