Go Down

Topic: 4 Digits 7 Segments 12 Pins (3461BS) please help (Read 3297 times) previous topic - next topic

max3221

Hi,
I have this 4 Digits 7 Segments which has 12 pins and it has this code written on it: CAI3461BS. So i searched for its specification and i found this
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/indexer.php?file=DSASW00381837.pdf&dir=Datasheets-SW20&keywords=HS-3461A&database=user-highscore#
(sorry about the link, need to download it)

Or the picture and the pdf is on the attachment...

I tried this connections and code but it did not work at all.
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-4digit-7segment

Can any one please suggest a link on how to connect this 4 Digits 7 Segments with 12 Pins and a proper sketch to make it work..

please..

Thank...

dhenry

CAI3461BS

It is a 3.4" 7-segment display ("34"). "61" indicates the display type - there are many different types, like 41/42, 51/52, 55/56, 61/62, etc - google for more. "B" is common anode ("A" is common cathode). "S" I think is with the dots. "H" is with two dots, for hourly display.

max3221

ok...

thanks for the reply..  :)

I tried googleing how to make it work for example a simple timer counting seconds.. I tried one example but the numbers gets all messy on the display... i think i'm not be able to figure out which pin goes to which pin ...  =(

Is there any good sketch for this type of 4 digits 7 segment display you could suggest.. i'll be grateful..  :D

Thanks..

CrossRoads

Post the code you tried, lets see what's going on.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Here's an example connection method.
Multiplex by driving 1 anode high and 1 cathode low at a time, cycye thru all 56 segments with each on turned on a short time, say 750microseconds each for a 24Hz refresh rate.
"Persistence of vision" will give the appearance of all digits being driven.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up