Go Down

Topic: 4 Digits 7 Segments 12 Pins (3461BS) please help (Read 3848 times) previous topic - next topic

max3221

Hi,
I have this 4 Digits 7 Segments which has 12 pins and it has this code written on it: CAI3461BS. So i searched for its specification and i found this
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/indexer.php?file=DSASW00381837.pdf&dir=Datasheets-SW20&keywords=HS-3461A&database=user-highscore#
(sorry about the link, need to download it)

Or the picture and the pdf is on the attachment...

I tried this connections and code but it did not work at all.
http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/arduino-4digit-7segment

Can any one please suggest a link on how to connect this 4 Digits 7 Segments with 12 Pins and a proper sketch to make it work..

please..

Thank...

dhenry

CAI3461BS

It is a 3.4" 7-segment display ("34"). "61" indicates the display type - there are many different types, like 41/42, 51/52, 55/56, 61/62, etc - google for more. "B" is common anode ("A" is common cathode). "S" I think is with the dots. "H" is with two dots, for hourly display.

max3221

ok...

thanks for the reply..  :)

I tried googleing how to make it work for example a simple timer counting seconds.. I tried one example but the numbers gets all messy on the display... i think i'm not be able to figure out which pin goes to which pin ...  =(

Is there any good sketch for this type of 4 digits 7 segment display you could suggest.. i'll be grateful..  :D

Thanks..

CrossRoads

Post the code you tried, lets see what's going on.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

Here's an example connection method.
Multiplex by driving 1 anode high and 1 cathode low at a time, cycye thru all 56 segments with each on turned on a short time, say 750microseconds each for a 24Hz refresh rate.
"Persistence of vision" will give the appearance of all digits being driven.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy