Go Down

Topic: Arduino Question (Read 640 times) previous topic - next topic

rkalter19

Is the Arduino computer software only allow you to program any of the robot kits or can you make it remote control?

lchunleo

Is the Arduino computer software only allow you to program any of the robot kits or can you make it remote control?

it would be helpful if you can rephrase your question   :)

liudr

Arduino software is not associated with robot kits as far as I know. You are probably learning about arduino through a robot kit that uses arduino environment. Arduino is a physical computing platform and there are lots of ways to wirelessly operate arduino but I don't know about YOUR robot kit. Which robot kit?

rkalter19

I don't have a kit yet. I'm asking if it is a programmable robot like the LEGO Mindstorms (where the actions of the robot are predetermined), or can it be controlled directly using a control. I'm not getting a kit until a find out everything about it. Also, is the MAKE Rovera 2WD or 4WD Arduino Robot Kit contolled by the Arduino program. Sorry, I'm new and confused. I was interested in EZ-Robot, but I just want to find the similarities between it and this. Sorry if this is confusing  :~

liudr

LEGO mindstorm compares with Arduino-compatible robots is LEGO pieces compared with 3D printer. You have very limited capability building things with LEGO pieces. You can pretty much print any shape with a 3D printer. But, with the freedom comes with the responsibility. You will need to write some code for the robot, although there are many codes available. Point here, arduino is not a toy. It is a tool.

Andries Steketee

Dec 30, 2012, 01:24 pm Last Edit: Dec 30, 2012, 01:30 pm by FreakyDuino Reason: 1
Arduino is much more capable of doing things then the lego mindstorms.

So if you want to program a robot arduino can do the job very well, but it depends also on yourself, i mean you need to do a lot of reading and experimenting to get familiar with the whole concept.
And shure there are extensions which you can use to operate your system, but that needs to be programmed as well.
I suggest you find a board and do some experiments first to start building a robot, or buy a robot thats build on a arduino controller.
I myself have a aar-04 from Arexx.com the cell them at Conrad in NL,DE and UK, it works fine for me to get familiar with the code and functions you can choose and use.

holmes4

The Lego system has its own IDE.

Mark

Go Up