Go Down

Topic: Bluetooth OBD2 (Read 2469 times) previous topic - next topic

I have got my self an Wireless Car ELM327 OBD2 OBDII Bluetooth Diagnostic Interface .Ebay Iten number :-200840588989.
The question I am asking is ..Has anyone read the Bluetooth signal with an Arduino. If so how?
If not will it be even possible to do so.
What I would like to do is display things that I don't have on the car dash board.
I can do this with the android software ..But I do not want to leave my Android in the car all the time.
And would a :- Bluetooth Wireless Serial Port Module RS232 TTL Transceiver . eBay item number 221162191478. Be the best method of reading the Bluetooth signal.

Many thanks Antony.

Well I guess no one has done this yet :)

I also have one of these tied to my cellphone, "Torque Pro" reconnects to the bluetooth when it gets back in range.

I don't have the full protocol specs of OBDII communication but shouldn;t be too big a deal once you've got the protocol

Dec 27, 2012, 10:03 pm Last Edit: Dec 27, 2012, 10:06 pm by PDUNZ Reason: 1
Have a look at OBDuino (search google). It uses a cable to connect to OBD2 but since the source code is available you can modify it to use bluetooth.

Edit http://code.google.com/p/opengauge/wiki/OBDuino#Introduction

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131