Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Children's Melodies  (Read 1254 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi All,

Need a Little help on a project I am working on for a Kids nightlight.

I am getting most of the code worked out, thanks to all the help I have been getting from this forum.

What I need help with  is the music.  I am no musician and I can’t read sheet music all that well.

I was hoping maybe someone would have the notes to a few melodies that I could use the Tone() along with the pitches.h.

I am looking for, Twinkle twinkle little star, Rock a bye baby and any other soft night time melody.

Any help given will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you.

Massachusetts, USA
Tesla Member
View Profile

Did some Google search and found some likely tunes.

This one is the first two lines of Twinkle Twinkle:
Code:
int melody[] = {
  NOTE_C4, NOTE_C4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_A4, NOTE_A4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_F4, NOTE_F4, NOTE_E4,
 NOTE_E4, NOTE_D4, NOTE_D4, NOTE_C4};
// note durations: 4 = quarter note, 8 = eighth note, etc.:
int noteDurations[] = {
  2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1};

Here's "Zelda's Lullaby" which I assume is from a video game:
Code:
int melody[] = {  //Define the melody as being the notes following using those defined in pitches.h
NOTE_E4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_D4, NOTE_C4, NOTE_D4,
NOTE_E4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_D4,   0,     NOTE_E4,
NOTE_G4, NOTE_D5, NOTE_C5, NOTE_G4, NOTE_F4,
NOTE_E4, NOTE_D4,    0,    NOTE_E4, NOTE_G4,
NOTE_D4, NOTE_C4, NOTE_D4, NOTE_E4, NOTE_G4,
NOTE_D4,    0,    NOTE_E4, NOTE_G4, NOTE_D5,
NOTE_C5, NOTE_G4};

int noteDurations[] = {                                               //Define the note durations, 1 to 1 with melody    1 = 8 beats
  2,4,2,8,8,                                                          //                                                 2 = 4 beats (whole note)
  2,4,2,4,2,                                                          //                                                 4 = 2 beats (half note)
  4,2,4,2,8,                                                          //                                                 8 = 1 beats (quarter note)
  4,1 };

This might be the lullaby you wanted:
Code:
int lullaby[] = { NOTE_G6, NOTE_G6,  NOTE_AS6,  NOTE_G6, NOTE_G6,  NOTE_AS6,  NOTE_G6, NOTE_AS6, NOTE_DS7,  NOTE_D7, NOTE_C7, NOTE_C7,   NOTE_AS6,  NOTE_F6,  NOTE_G6,  NOTE_GS6, NOTE_F6,  NOTE_F6, NOTE_G6, NOTE_GS6, NOTE_F6,  NOTE_GS6,  NOTE_D7, NOTE_C7, NOTE_AS6,   NOTE_D7,  NOTE_DS7};
int duration[] = {      6,       8,         2.5,        8,       4,         2,        6,        10,        4,        3,       8,       4,       4,        6,       8,         4,       4,        6,       8,       2.5,       6,         8,        8,       8,        4,         4,         2};

Just search for the name of the piece and "NOTE_C4".  This will likely turn up some Tone music.

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

View Profile

Thanks You Very Much John

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: