Go Down

Topic: Rusty brain needs advice/assistancew for simple (?) audio project (Read 494 times) previous topic - next topic

Audiobeginner

Mar 28, 2015, 06:15 am Last Edit: Mar 28, 2015, 06:15 am by Audiobeginner Reason: Name added
Dear audience,

I am a sixty-year old guy who wants to prevent his brain from getting too tired and lazy. I have had done  some programming in different languages (Clipper, VB, PHP, Visual C,  not C++) roughly 20 years ago and would like to start a small project with an Arduino Uno Rev. 3 to record some machine noise with a body sound sensor, and to play it back via connected speaker. Sounds to me pretty easy (in the beginning). Nevertheless I have recognized that I have some minor difficulties to start with this and would be pleased for any kind of assistance (samples, sniplets, advice). Mayn thanks in advance from Hamburg, Germany!

Regards,
Thomas

Grumpy_Mike

Sounds to me pretty easy
Sorry it is not.

The Arduino has very little memory and no D/A converter. So you have to built those on. You require an SD card and a D/A. The simplest way to get these is an Adafruit wave shield. You would also need a microphone and amplifier, to feed the signal into the A/D.

You should be able to do your project with this extra hardware. It is possible to kludge an A/D but in my opinion it is not worth it.

This link covers what you need to do:-
http://apcmag.com/arduino-projects-digital-audio-recorder.htm/#null

Go Up