Newbie-Arduino

Hello , I am new to the arduino. i have learn about arduino in different magazine . it is very interesting and easy to make project . now i am decided to buy Arduino board . But my Question is , what board i will buy?? i have know c and c++ language(Not expert) and little bit about microprocessor and micro-controller. Please help me.
Thank you. :relaxed:

Hi RAMAKANTA,

Welcome to the forum and to the Arduino community at large!

There are MANY options to select from, so it really depends on hat you intend to use it for. Most likely, you just want to experiment with it and do some fun things.

I have an UNO (R3) and am quite happy with it. Most of the shields are designed for it, so I think it is the most versatile.

Pat.

patduino:
I have an UNO (R3) and am quite happy with it. Most of the shields are designed for it, so I think it is the most versatile.

Me too, I'd agree.

(I just wish it had a micro usb connector......)

Thank you Mr. pat & zimboZA. now i will buy UNO(R3) board. thanks again.!1 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

RAMAKANTA:
zimboZA

That's Jimbo 8) but you're welcome all the same......

RAMAKANTA:
Thank you Mr. pat & zimboZA. now i will buy UNO(R3) board. thanks again.!1 :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You may want to consider purchasing a kit if you haven't made your purchase yet. I bought mine for $100 shipped from Canada and it was the ARDX Experimenter's Kit ordered from Solarbotics. The decision to go with this kit was directly influenced by this Arduino Starter Rundown article outlining what each kit contained:

This one was recommended by the author as one of the ones having the most features and one of the better documented. The little handbook you get is complete with a programming and electrical engineering primer to get you oriented with basic electrical components, their functions, and also provides breadboard overlays to guide the very connections you make on your breadboard if you need it. The only page that needs updating is the RGB page where the LEDs don't light up correctly, but by the time you get to that chapter, you should know enough to get that figured out with some research.

I started with an Uno, then moved onto a mega. They are both awesome!

Im new too. I went very basic, started with this kit from (link removed; vendor is violating the trademark)

A fun way to get going.

J