Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using the Security Bit Feature  (Read 1059 times)
Toronto
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am interested in protecting my Due after programming. The datasheet talks about the "Security Bit Feature" (section 9.1.3.5) that can be used for this.

Has anyone done this by any change? Does anyone have example code?

S.

Toronto
View Profile

I am interested in protecting my Due after programming. The datasheet talks about the "Security Bit Feature" (section 9.1.3.5) that can be used for this.

Has anyone done this by any change? Does anyone have example code?

To answer my own question: I enabled the 'Verbose Uploading' feature in the IDE and I see that the 'bossac' tool is used for uploading. One of the parameters to this tool is the '-e' option, which enabled the flash security flag.

So I think I can simply manually execute this command after compiling the code.

View Profile

Hi stefan,

Yes, you can use BOSSA for that.

For other people interested in doing that into their own code: you have to use the EEFC by sending a Set GPNVM bit command to set the GPNVM0 bit.
This will make the flash not readable from any external way and totally lock the JTAG/SWD debug functions.
The EEFC peripheral driver isn't yet available in the public GIT.

The only way to come back to a fully available SAM3X device is to process a chip erase using the ERASE pin through the atmegau serial protocol  or the ERASE button on the board. The board needs to be powered for this.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: