Go Down

Topic: getting started (Read 945 times) previous topic - next topic

cr0sh

I wish I could've had something like this when I was 13... I played with my Mindstorms a lot though.

I wish I would've had Mindstorms as a kid...

Most of the time I cobbled together junk outta junk, old Lego, old Tinkertoy, old Capsela - then bits and pieces of electronics and mechanical junk from stuff I scrounged from the trash around my neighborhood. Then again, I did have two TRS-80 Color Computers "networked" via a homemade null-modem cable...

Makes me wonder what you and others of your generation will marvel at the kids having in 15-20 years that you didn't have...I guess I'll see it too (hopefully)...

/get off my lawn.  ;)

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Boffin1

I am glad you youngsters can get started with safe devices, I started building projects with valves ( vacuum tubes ) with a home made high current 300 volt DC power supply - absolutely lethal.. I guess I was lucky.
I'm learning programming now so I will have something to share with my Great Grandson in 13 years time :-)  ( he is due Sunday )
You will find so much help and experience from the people on this forum ( and just ignore the occasional sarcastic replies from those that don't realise the Arduino and this forum was made for beginners ! )
Good luck, and with your experience in C, I dont think you will be just blinking LEDs for long ....
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Lazy Robot

i borrowed a arduino yesterday from my dads friend. I had a blinking led working within 2 mins  :)

Imahilus

No offense, but the arduino comes standard with the blink sketch  ;D
You could've done it in under one minute ;)

Come on, get those servo's moving! Motors! You know you want to make your own RC robot  :)

absolutely lethal.. I guess I was lucky.

Aye, wish I had something like that at that age  ;D

Boffin1

Duuh --- I should perhaps have said lucky to still be alive :-)
With my mobile phone I can call people and talk to them -  how smart can you get ?

Go Up