Go Down

Topic: Keypad, RTC, 2x16 LCD and xbee (Read 832 times) previous topic - next topic

Dear All,

I had a Arduino Mega board connected to a 4x4 keypad a RTC, 2x16 LCD and a xbee. The LCD will display the current time and the program will still detect the keypad press. When '1' is pressed, a serial string will be send out from the xbee to control something.

I saw from the RTC sketch that to display the time, we will delay(1000); so that the time in the LCD will update every seconds. But by putting the delay(1000); my keypad pressed may not respond and nothing will be send out as the program may be in the delay function doing nothing. As I am using the keypad scanning method in the forum and the time display also in the forum, I had a problem with putting both together.

Can someone help me as to what should I do to get rid of the delay(1000) and yet can use the loop to scan keypad and still display the time on the LCD every seconds.

Thanks a lot

See Blink without Delay example in Arduino IDE. This is only cure to your problem.
Simply...You can't afford me..

Author Of:

Oops..some one gave me Karma...:)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131