Go Down

Topic: GPRS shield COSM need help with GET command (Read 415 times) previous topic - next topic

alfatek

Hi,
I have been trying to connect my GPRS shield to COSM and have been successful in posting data. My problem is with receiving data. I use the .csv format in sending/receiving data. I want to read the last data-point in a stream. But when I use GET, I get a lot of header related information, and there is a buffer overflow since the buffer size is 64. I tried increasing it to 256, (I use a 328P but even with a Mega 2560, I cannot increase the data buffer size beyond 512 for stable operations), but even then the data-buffer cannot hold the complete data I get with a GET command to COSM.

Can anyone provide suggestions on how best to get my data from GET. I am posting the relevant part of my code below:

Code: [Select]
 GPRS_Serial.flush();
   GPRS_Serial.print("GET /v2/feeds/51575/datastreams/Sample.csv HTTP/1.1\r\n");
   Serial.println("GET /v2/feeds/51575/datastreams/Temp.csv HTTP/1.1  Sent!");
   delay(300);
   GPRS_Serial.print("Host: api.cosm.com\r\n");
   Serial.println("Host: api.cosm.com  Sent!");
   delay(300);
   GPRS_Serial.print("X-ApiKey: X4xpRLopmHhgrTTm4FGHeAGHlQuSAKxUbmd5SXBSekRBaz0g\r\n"); //REPLACE THIS KEY WITH YOUR OWN PACHUBE API KEY
   Serial.println("X-ApiKey: X4xpRLopmHhgrTTm4FGHeAGHlQuSAKxUbmd5SXBSekRBaz0g  Sent!"); //REPLACE THIS KEY WITH YOUR OWN PACHUBE API KEY
   GPRS_Serial.print("\r\n");

GPRS_Serial.write(26);
   delay(300);

if(GPRS_Serial_wait_for_bytes(4,55) == 0)
   {  
   Serial.println("Timeout");
   goto power_start;
    }
   else
   {
   while(GPRS_Serial.available()!=0){
     while (GPRS_Serial.read()!='\n');
  //    while (GPRS_Serial.read()!='\n');

for (coun=0; coun<75; coun++){
      c[coun]= (char) GPRS_Serial.read();
      }
      while(GPRS_Serial.available()!=0)
       {
       Serial.print((char)GPRS_Serial.read());

}
   }

}

/*    for (coun=0; coun<500; coun++){
           GPRS_Serial.read();  
           }
     */

Serial.println();

Serial.print(c);

I was playing with the idea that I should ignore the header by ignoring the first couple of lines of data received. (
The part with :  while (GPRS_Serial.read()!='\n'); is done to ignore the first couple of header information. ) But this did not work since sometimes, the number of header lines is different and I can miss the relevant data field.

Thanks for your help.

Alfatek

PaulS

The part with :  while (GPRS_Serial.read()!='\n'); is done to ignore the first couple of header information. ) But this did not work since sometimes, the number of header lines is different and I can miss the relevant data field.

It also doesn't work because GPRS_Serial.read() is not a blocking function. If there is nothing to read, the function returns a -1, which is not a \n, so the while loop ends.

At least, I assume that is the case. Your snippet does not define what GPRS_Serial is.

alfatek

Thanks for your reply Paul. Let me try with a '-1' as well in my blocking function. Also, GPRS_Serial is a Software Serial literal.
Thanks,
Alfatek

PaulS

Let me try with a '-1' as well in my blocking function.

A call to GPRS_Serial.available() would be a better idea. Keep twiddling your thumbs until it returns a value greater than 0 (that is, there is something to read).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy