Go Down

Topic: Programming a bluetooth module (Read 4252 times) previous topic - next topic

I found a while ago that bluetooth modules have general I/O pins on them. They aren't usually connected to anything but I've read that they can be used.

The question is... how do you programme a bluetooth module ? It isn't really explained in the datasheets

Datasheer of btm222 module -> http://www.kamami.pl/dl/btm222_datasheet.pdf

That got me thinking... if there are general purporse I/Os can I programme the module and use it without a microcotroller (as it apparently has a mircocontroller on board anyway)?
That would be great for wireless sensors or applications that require to switch a few relays.

You need a SDK from the manufacturer of the BT Chipset, in your case CSR, it's an extremely expensive piece of software, and you need a programmer too.

The bluetooth chip contains an ARM core, and you program it with a C-compiler built-in to the SDK from CSR. E.g. it's the same chip in a bluetooth keyboard, headphones, mouse, serial-dongle etc. It's just the program running on the ARM processor that is the difference.

There's a bit of reading here:

// Per.

heh thx for the reply I found that thread on hackaday like half an hour before your post. I found a datasheet that suggest one can switch the pins usingt AT commands but I haven't tested yet whether it works with my module

(page 11)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131