Go Down

Topic: linking with libarm_cortexM3l_math.a ? (Read 7556 times) previous topic - next topic

AJBecker

Apr 14, 2013, 07:10 pm Last Edit: Apr 14, 2013, 07:13 pm by AJBecker Reason: 1
Wow nice find, a quick skim brings up this line:

"analogRead() in a tight loop takes 39uS  per loop" ...Some config changes here ... "And the ADC loop now takes 4.4uS. Cool"  :smiley-eek:

I'll do a bit more digging into this to find out if there are any undesirable results from making this change, it seems too good to be true although the author seems pretty aware of what he's doing. If everything does work out nice and stable this will massively reduce the overhead of getting samples for our fft's.
Rocket science is easy, it's all this electrical stuff that gets me.

When attempting to compile I receive the following error:

arm-none-eabi-g++: C:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.aC:\arduino-1.5.2\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/libarm_cortexM3l_math.aC:\Users\PETRUS~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build6749693034922762752.tmp/core.a: Invalid argument

Did everything as explained but cant find the problem, please help

Bazz42

I am having problems with doing this and get the following error message
Arduino: 1.5.5-r2 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Due (Programming Port)"

arm-none-eabi-g++: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a""C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\variants\arduino_due_x/libarm_cortexM3l_math.a""C:\Users\Barry\AppData\Local\Temp\build1011798555410636296.tmp/core.a: No such file or directory

I have checked that libsam_sam3x8e_gcc_rel.a and libarm_cortexM3l_math.a are in the folder arduino_due_x and also that the Platform.txt file has been changed to include them as mentioned in previous posts.

As a newbie to this, I'm out of my depth.  Help please.

jakegny

So for me the path given by the error didn't include the "arduino_due_x".

All I had to do was move the file into the path the error gives you and make sure it is named the same as the error. For some reason the error expected there to be "libarm_cortex3M1_math.a"   The 3 and the M switched. I have no idea how or why but as soon as I put the right file (copied from ...\Arduino\hardware\arduino\sam\system\CMSIS\CMSIS\Lib\GCC) and renamed to match the error.

Hope that helps you.

Hello. If you want to use this library with data collected from a microphone, do you to scale the values? In one of their examples, the input values where somewhere between -5 and 5 (floats with more than 10 digits, don't know exactly the range). Thank you!

Go Up