Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Micro not sending serial data  (Read 361 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi, I created a sketch and a VB project with a uno board.  The uno reads an analog sensor then sends that data to vb to display in a progress bar.  It has been working great.  Then I wanted to get the micro.  So I wired it up the same, uploaded the same sketch (changed board type), and now it won't work with my vb program. 

What I have noticed is, if I open the serial monitor in the Arudino ide I see the incoming serial data, and the tx light is on on the micro.  When I open my vb program the rx light blinks when the program opens the port, but does nothing else (no tx light). If I close the vb program, the rx light blinks again. 

Am I doing something wrong?  I know the drivers are installed correctly.  If they weren't I wouldn't be able to see the incoming data in serial monitor, right?

Thanks, Victor.

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Try telling the board to wait until serial is ready.

After the serial.being, add:    while (!Serial);

This should only be used for the Leonardo and Micro.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

View Profile

It still does not work.  I did see that in the documentation.  Just to make sure I have it correct, here is the setup:

Code:
void setup()
{
  //initialize pins
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while (!Serial);
}

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

Did you change the serial port referenced in your VB code?

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

View Profile

I think the vb program does not set the (virtual) DTR signal for the serial port.
Try setting the port's DtrEnable property to True.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: