Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino DUE Schematic Questions  (Read 1401 times)
the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

In that case, you can see the sort of problems you run into. So many pins, so many
traces stepping on each others toes. The one good thing is, most of the traces have
angled rather than right-angle corners - except for a lot passed through vias.

Brasil
View Profile

All my boards, i try to route with a minimum not-right-angle-edge, and also with the minimum of vias (when i used to do my PCB's at home, i hated to put jumpers, so i trained a lot basic routing...)

What I read in that article, was that there is no effect, putting the capacitor after the power supply... so, removing them wouldn't cause any effect, it's just like "not" having bypass capacitors on those pins... is it right?

the land of sun+snow
Faraday Member
View Profile

Naw, I think you need to keep the bypass caps, whether or not they're wired in the best
possible way, per that other document. I'm sure they'll have some effect, as long as
located close to the pins.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

What I read in that article, was that there is no effect, putting the capacitor after the power supply
No, that's not what it said.  It said another way was better.   And I'm not sure I believe it, either, depending on the length of traces involved.  For the capacitor to be valueless, the trace length between the pin and the capacitors would have to be longer than the length to the actual power source (not the vias.)  And the SAM3X is not an AKM converter, anyway.

Brasil
View Profile

I'm sorry, you are right... It just says the "right" way, it doesen't says that doesen't work...
Anyway, I'm doing with caps, when possible, i will do in the "right" way... =]

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: