Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Keypad, LCD & RTC  (Read 1652 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi all,

I am using a Ardiuno Mega board with a 2x16 LCD display and a 4x4 keypad. I am able to read my keypad once a button is pressed and display on my LCD. I am also able to display the time on the LCD.

Just want to know how can I change the time of my RTC using the keypad? The RTC I am using is the DS1307. What library should I be using and what is the function to call to change the time and date?

Thanks a lot

rome
View Profile

As far as I know there is not such a library. I think that is not a general issue in order to build a library, but you can write your sketch to implement it....  smiley

Pakistan
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi,
You can use MENWIZ menu library programmed by brunialti. Its simple, userfriendly library.
You can watch a small video of its implementation here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tb47gyg07h5sbm/MENWIZ%20implementation.mpg

and watch the following thread for detail:
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,99693.270.html

View Profile

Hi is there a function inside the DS1307 library that allow used to write the sec, min, hrs individually to the RTC? So in that case I can capture the keypad number and store it into the clock. Thanks a lot

Pakistan
Arduino rocks
View Profile

Hi is there a function inside the DS1307 library that allow used to write the sec, min, hrs individually to the RTC? So in that case I can capture the keypad number and store it into the clock. Thanks a lot

Have you seen how RTC work???.. In Arduino IDE the examples are given. You have to do some lines of programming to accomplish this task.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: