Go Down

Topic: I have a "newbie" question about battery current (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Electronics are so expensive

No, happily, they're about as ludicrously cheap as I can ever remember them.

Correct, but I guess it depends on the users definition of 'electronics'. Apple iPhones are expensive but raw electronic components have never been cheaper in my lifetime as they are now, plus the internet opens up a worldwide seller/buyer connection making component selection and purchases easier then ever.

Bottom line, there has never been a better time to enjoy electronics as a hobby.

Lefty

retrolefty

Yeah, I bought 500 x zero-ohm resistors for $4.

Can't do much better than that! ;)

Interesting. Usually these are used instead of simple bus wire runs when having to use auto insertion machinery, not for hobby use. But I did a quick search on 28 gauge tinned copper bus wire and couldn't find any cheaper per foot (assuming a 2.5" resister length) then your purchase price! Of course you are limited to the pre-cut lengths of the 0 ohm resistors, where with bus wire you can use any length you require to bridge two points.

So what was your reasoning for purchasing those, just couldn't pass up a bargain?

Lefty

JimboZA

[zen]If a resistor has no resistance is it still a resistor?[/zen]
Roy from ITCrowd: Have you tried turning it off an on again?
I'm on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimbrownza

retrolefty

[zen]If a resistor has no resistance is it still a resistor?[/zen]

Of course it is, if for no other reasons then the lead wires have a finite resistance. Zero ohms is just a figure of speech, so zen that.  :D

Max_Maker

Electronics are so expensive

No, happily, they're about as ludicrously cheap as I can ever remember them.

I wish but I am afraid I have to disagree with you. :)
Like Retrolefty said, it depends on the device. I want to connect a FPV system to my car battery, and that doesn't have the resistors price, haha. Also, the Arduino to control A/V and power supply switches.

Greetings.
Fácil, sencillo y para toda la familia.

Go Up