Go Down

Topic: Seeking advice to build a force sensing platform (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

PeterH

it seems I have electronic issues (several inputs reacting to the same sensor, very strange...).

If you have floating inputs (i.e. inputs not electrically connected to anything) the input state is undefined but could be affected by the state of other inputs.
I only provide help via the forum - please do not contact me for private consultancy.

dc42

Your sensors will interfere with each other via the REF pins and the common voltage divider. The higher the values of R1 and R2, the more they will interfere.

I agree that it would be better to support the plate on 3 cells rather than 4. Think of a 4-legged table placed on a floor that isn't quite flat. If you want to use 4 cells, you will need to have some sort of adjustable spacer to support one of them so that you can get it level.
Formal verification of safety-critical software, software development, and electronic design and prototyping. See http://www.eschertech.com. Please do not ask for unpaid help via PM, use the forum.

amundsen

If you want to use 4 cells, you will need to have some sort of adjustable spacer to support one of them so that you can get it level.

Not such a frightening perspective. I'll test the four-sensors configuration as soon as the electronic issues are solved and shall test the three-sensors config afterwards if it does not work.

Go Up