Go Down

Topic: Buying assistance (Read 373 times) previous topic - next topic

kantaki

Jan 02, 2013, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 03:57 pm by kantaki Reason: 1
Hello,

I am a little bit lost here, I would really appreciate if someone could help me to choose the correct parts:

What I need:

- Board
- A distance sensor, or something that can be triggered though motion, distance should be around 100cm
- Bluetooth access
- Memory for logging some data (only timestamps)
- Power supply

I already did my best but I have never used an arduino before

For the distance I choose a Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F, which goes up to 150cm but it uses ~0.4v at 150cm
A Seeeduino Stalker v2.3, because I need to log my data
A Bluetooth Bee for the Seeeduino Stalker

But the  Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 only supports 0.3v IO but my sensor would need 0.4v, I guess that could be a problem. I also don't know what cables I need.

What would you recommend me?

grendle

Jan 02, 2013, 05:04 pm Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 04:05 pm by grendle Reason: 1
arduino and ultrasonic range finder thing everyone uses i guess.. total solution for rangefinding for less than 50 if you include sensor and some other stuff i guess. sensor is hc-sr04.

Code: [Select]
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Example NewPing library sketch that does a ping about 20 times per second.
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include <NewPing.h>

#define TRIGGER_PIN  12  // Arduino pin tied to trigger pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define ECHO_PIN     11  // Arduino pin tied to echo pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define MAX_DISTANCE 200 // Maximum distance we want to ping for (in centimeters). Maximum sensor distance is rated at 400-500cm.

NewPing sonar(TRIGGER_PIN, ECHO_PIN, MAX_DISTANCE); // NewPing setup of pins and maximum distance.

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(115200); // Open serial monitor at 115200 baud to see ping results.
}

void loop() {
 delay(50);                      // Wait 50ms between pings (about 20 pings/sec). 29ms should be the shortest delay between pings.
 unsigned int uS = sonar.ping(); // Send ping, get ping time in microseconds (uS).
 Serial.print("Ping: ");
 Serial.print(uS / US_ROUNDTRIP_IN); // Convert ping time to distance and print result (0 = outside set distance range, no ping echo)
 Serial.println(" inches");
}

johnwasser

For the distance I choose a Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F, which goes up to 150cm but it uses ~0.4v at 150cm
A Seeeduino Stalker v2.3, because I need to log my data
A Bluetooth Bee for the Seeeduino Stalker

But the  Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 only supports 0.3v IO but my sensor would need 0.4v, I guess that could be a problem.

Not an I/O problem.  The GP2Y0A02YK0F produces an analog output voltage between 2.8V and 0.4V.  The Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 can measure voltages between 0V and 3.3V.

You might have a problem with power.  The Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 runs on 3.3V but the GP2Y0A02YK0F needs 4.5V to 5.5V.  I hope you can get 5V from the board.

Another problem you might hit is that there is no such thing as "Seeeduino Stalker v2.3".  The current production version is 2.2:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Seeeduino_Stalker
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up