Go Down

Topic: Buying assistance (Read 393 times) previous topic - next topic

kantaki

Jan 02, 2013, 03:42 pm Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013, 03:57 pm by kantaki Reason: 1
Hello,

I am a little bit lost here, I would really appreciate if someone could help me to choose the correct parts:

What I need:

- Board
- A distance sensor, or something that can be triggered though motion, distance should be around 100cm
- Bluetooth access
- Memory for logging some data (only timestamps)
- Power supply

I already did my best but I have never used an arduino before

For the distance I choose a Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F, which goes up to 150cm but it uses ~0.4v at 150cm
A Seeeduino Stalker v2.3, because I need to log my data
A Bluetooth Bee for the Seeeduino Stalker

But the  Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 only supports 0.3v IO but my sensor would need 0.4v, I guess that could be a problem. I also don't know what cables I need.

What would you recommend me?

grendle

Jan 02, 2013, 05:04 pm Last Edit: Jan 22, 2013, 04:05 pm by grendle Reason: 1
arduino and ultrasonic range finder thing everyone uses i guess.. total solution for rangefinding for less than 50 if you include sensor and some other stuff i guess. sensor is hc-sr04.

Code: [Select]
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Example NewPing library sketch that does a ping about 20 times per second.
// ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#include <NewPing.h>

#define TRIGGER_PIN  12  // Arduino pin tied to trigger pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define ECHO_PIN     11  // Arduino pin tied to echo pin on the ultrasonic sensor.
#define MAX_DISTANCE 200 // Maximum distance we want to ping for (in centimeters). Maximum sensor distance is rated at 400-500cm.

NewPing sonar(TRIGGER_PIN, ECHO_PIN, MAX_DISTANCE); // NewPing setup of pins and maximum distance.

void setup() {
 Serial.begin(115200); // Open serial monitor at 115200 baud to see ping results.
}

void loop() {
 delay(50);                      // Wait 50ms between pings (about 20 pings/sec). 29ms should be the shortest delay between pings.
 unsigned int uS = sonar.ping(); // Send ping, get ping time in microseconds (uS).
 Serial.print("Ping: ");
 Serial.print(uS / US_ROUNDTRIP_IN); // Convert ping time to distance and print result (0 = outside set distance range, no ping echo)
 Serial.println(" inches");
}

johnwasser

For the distance I choose a Sharp GP2Y0A02YK0F, which goes up to 150cm but it uses ~0.4v at 150cm
A Seeeduino Stalker v2.3, because I need to log my data
A Bluetooth Bee for the Seeeduino Stalker

But the  Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 only supports 0.3v IO but my sensor would need 0.4v, I guess that could be a problem.

Not an I/O problem.  The GP2Y0A02YK0F produces an analog output voltage between 2.8V and 0.4V.  The Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 can measure voltages between 0V and 3.3V.

You might have a problem with power.  The Seeeduino Stalker v2.3 runs on 3.3V but the GP2Y0A02YK0F needs 4.5V to 5.5V.  I hope you can get 5V from the board.

Another problem you might hit is that there is no such thing as "Seeeduino Stalker v2.3".  The current production version is 2.2:
http://www.seeedstudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Seeeduino_Stalker
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy