Go Down

Topic: avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding (Read 870 times) previous topic - next topic

blas96

Hello everyone, I'm using an iMac with 10.6.8 MAC OS (snow leopard) and an Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328. When I try to upload any kind of sketch I get this message "avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding" and the uploading stops. I also tried with another computer, this time Win7 , and it worked. I tried with this test here - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,73748.0.html - the loop-back test, and it failed. What should I do?
"

James C4S

What serial port are you selecting?

Have you installed the latest FTDI drivers from ftdichip.com?
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

blas96

Yes, I have and I know it's strange. I'm using the serial port /dev/tty.usbmodemfd131

James C4S

Are you sure it is a duemilanove?

FTDI chips are usually named "usbserial" while boards (like the Uno) with the ATmega8u2 get named "usbmodem".
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

blas96

It was a present, and I was told it was a duemilanove. How do I verify that?

James C4S

Isn't the name printed somewhere on it?

Post (and attach) a clear picture of the board. 

Also, just try selecting "Uno" in the Board type to see if it works.

blas96

Thank you very much, it is working now. I've chosen "Arduino Uno".

Go Up