Go Down

Topic: Problem uploadind sketches to Arduino Fio over Xbee (Read 572 times) previous topic - next topic

niriv

Hello,

Here is my current setup:

1 Xbee Series 1 connect via USB to my computer with an Xbee Explorer.
Another Xbee connected to an Arduino Fio, battery powered.

For now, I am trying to upload a Sketch wirelessly from Arduino's IDE to the Fio.  My port is set at COM3 and my selected board is Arduino Fio.

I used Arduino's Xbee configuration tool as explained here: http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardFioProgramming . It indicates that the programming was successful.

I modified the Baud rate for my COM3 Port in Device Manager to 57600 bps and configured the Xbees accordingly. I also checked the Set RTS on Close in the advanced settings.

I also updated the firmware on the Xbees (802.15.4) to 10EC, which I believe is the most recent one. I am not 100% sure this worked though. I used the X-CTU software to accomplish this task, and when I read the device, It says I am running 10EC, but anyways I believe this is fine.

Now, I am trying to send a simple sketch to my Arduino (for testing purposes, I'm trying to send the "Blink" sketch found in the examples) and I am stuck with this error:

Code: [Select]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

The RSSI light on the Arduino Fio lights up and the TX light on the Xbee Explorer flash for a short while, then the error message appears.

I try reconfigurating the Xbees with X-CTU this time, but it says the baud rates are not the same, but I checked and the Xbee and the computers COM port are set to 57600, so I can't see the problem here...

Can someone please shed some light on this problem? Hopefully my components are ok and it's just a little tweak I may have forgotten...

Thank you!

jinx333

Hi

I have the same problem and I have also not found out why?

Jens

extrabee

Your last statement about X-CTU saying the baud rates are not the same are a big clue, I think.  Try using the Configuration tab on X-CTU to pull the whole configuration for both of your XBee modules and compare them with the settings in the tutorial.  I get the feeling one of the settings didn't "take" when you programmed them.  Remember some of the I/O line passing settings (specifically the IA setting) are in a closed-up folder in the X-CTU window.

Please reply and let us know if this helps track down the problem.

Thanx
Jeremy
----
Please support the Open-Source ExtraBee radio module project kickstarter.extrabee.org

oric_dan

Does that scheme actually work?

If so, why does if work with Fio, but not with the UNO?

Would be nice if someone sometimes somewheres would put a date on those pages, so you
know they weren't written 5 years ago. OK, I did find the date on the Page History page, and
it was written 3 years ago, and not updated since. Foo.

Go Up