Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: arduino forum empty  (Read 716 times)
Malaysia
Stay calm and call batman!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi! is it me, or the arduino forum feels very empty recently ? anyone else notices this? no? nvm..

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Not to me, I see plenty going on.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Norfolk UK
Edison Member
View Profile

hi! is it me, or the arduino forum feels very empty recently ? anyone else notices this? no? nvm..
Just the opposite, I read and comment  less and less these days because there is to much traffic. It's normal to get at least 15 pages of unread posts per day. To many to filter and read them for me.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I don't filter per se, just open the ones with a title that sounds like it could be interesting.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

NSW Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

It is a serious problem not to read so many posts, just the interesting ones, and get some actual work done!

Global Moderator
Brattain Member
View Profile

I don't use the "Unread Posts" link because half of them are in a language I don't speak. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way of saying "I speak English (or whatever), please only show me posts in my language".

I also tend to skip posts with subjects like "Noob here, HELP ME, Urgent!". smiley-razz

I rely on the email notification of new threads, sadly that seems to be fairly unreliable as well. Oh well, I've passed comments on to the forum administrators and they have received them, I believe.

Anchorage, AK
Edison Member
View Profile

Certainly no shortage of activity, but it does depend on which subforums you frequent.

I pick and choose those that tend to be interesting to me.  General Electronics, Microcontrollers, Bar Sport -- those are my faves.  I hang around in Project Guidance and Programming Questions because I can help out there, and lately simple questions have spurred well-intentioned debate.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Depends on my agenda, I do check unread replies always when on the forum (and get dragged into a thread like this;).

Then selection is most often based upon titles, most sections,  sometimes I just check for new posts that have zero or one replies as there is a chance that I might add something. When I have little time I just hit "mark all as read" .

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Maybe the traffic is being diverted and not making it back.
http://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/27.62.html#subj2

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Norfolk UK
Edison Member
View Profile

I don't filter per se, just open the ones with a title that sounds like it could be interesting.
In the last 24 hours there was 19 pages of new replies. After marking all non English speaking and low interest (to me) forums off there are still to many with 15 pages of new posts. I think I will have to narrow my interests further.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or hump it. Piss on it and walk away.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: