Am I doing something wrong?
You need some kind of load in between emitter and ground. Anything really. A resistor and LED would do. Without it you're running the risk of blowing up the batteries.
is battery being short circuited here?since there is no load in going frm positive to negative terminal or the transistor will prevent since some amont of current will be flowing through the transistor too?
the only thing that in annoying me is the currents that does not match.
I am just testing the transistor.
An odd justification. Do you also put an electric heater in the bath just to test?
I can`t understand this currents. I was expecting 3mA ((5-2)/1000) on the 1st case and 3A (1000(gain)*3mA) on the 2nd and 3rd.