Wouldnt you use the NANO bootloader? as that IS the device you are trying to 'bootload'.....yes?
You will be uploading a SKETCH to your working NANO.. that more or less turns it into a device that you can use to flash bootloader/firmware to other devices/boards...
BOARD = NANO
BOOTLOADER OPTION: (well you dont have, are not using an AVR ISP? or mkII are you? You are using the Arduino as an ISP...what option do you think you need to pick?)
Approach A: (Arduino IDE/Arduino as ISP)
* Open IDE
* Tools >> Board >> Arduino Duemilanove 2009/Nano w/328
* Tools >> Serial Port >> (choose correct one)
* Upload the ArduinoISP sketch (Files >> Examples >> Arduino ISP) to your working NANO
(unplug your main/working Arduino Nano)
* Wire up your 'target' board that is outlined in the tutorials (D11, D12, D13, +5v, GND & RESET) pins...
MAIN BOARD: >>> TARGET BOARD:
D10: >>> RESET
D11: >>> MOSI
D12: >>> MISO
D13: >>> SCK
GND: >>> GND
+5v: >>> +5v
* Go to: Tools >> Board >> and choose ""Arduino Duemilanove 2009/Nano w/328"..
* Tools > Burn Bootloader > w/ Arduino as ISP